This morning I got online as I always do and… was so happily surprised — my blog got nominated by Marisha and Luanne, owner of Don’t We Look Alike?, for the One Lovely Blog Award! It really is something for a young blog that started just this September. Thank you so much! I am very honored.
These are the rules below, explained by Don’t We Look Alike, for the nominees to follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Add The One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 nominees.
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs
Seven Things about Me:
- I love traveling — and traveling comfortably, enjoying nature without sacrificing comfort too much. I love the feeling of seeing and being part of Nature. I love to travel with the people that I love, my husband and/or my friends and their families. I like to travel on my own pace and to try to understand the lives and cultures of the local people wherever I go. I do go to places where everyone goes, while I also like to go where few would.
- I love taking pictures wherever I go and whenever I feel like to, especially pictures of Nature — flowers, leaves, trees, animals, mountains, snow, ice, rain… I also like to take pictures of buildings, objects, etc., especially those that are unique-looking and/or of cultural value.
- Being myself, I inescapably love “cute things” — from Hello Kitty to handmade purses. Being an adult, I wouldn’t wear Hello Kitty for example on myself, but it doesn’t stop me from appreciating the warm and fluffy feeling these cute things evoke in me that makes me feel so happy! ^__^
- I love art & craft: drawing and sketching, painting (studied two major styles of traditional Chinese painting, and water color, though it’s been long since I last painted, LOL), manga, sewing, doll-making, making stuffed animals, beading, knitting, paper sculpting, etc.
- My relationship with books is an interesting one. I don’t easily pick up a book, but once I read into it, I do really enjoy it. I am a very devoted reader once I do read, which is kind of intense — I become the book. I see the scenes in my mind’s eye. I become its various characters and switch roles constantly. I become the participants. I also become the author and the observer. All is so intense that I would become kind of far away from my own real life until I finish reading the whole book!
- I had the precious opportunity through book translation of experiencing the lives of people from other academic field, which is intense but actually pretty fun, too. It was the translation work of two academic narratives, one in the field of psychiatric counseling and the other in the field of educational sociology. In both cases, I studied the general knowledge of the field, read the original book, gained knowledge about the author, understood the content, and eventually *become* the author to speak for him/her in another language. The results were pretty satisfying, my translations were accepted without revision!
- I love poetry, Chinese and English alike, from Li Bai to E. Browning to Robert Frost to the modern ones. When I was at college, I was crazy about Emily Dickinson’s poems and ended up writing my senior year graduation paper on her exploration into the “inner universe” through an analysis of her selected poems. Interestingly, through the years of my life, I have become increasingly interested in exploring my own inner universe, through psychology, spirituality, and experiencing my own life…
As suggested by Don’t We Look Alike, one can also branch out a little and nominate a couple of non-wordpress sites if they consider them to be great blogs.
Enjoy the above nominated blogs and… happy blogging!